Sunday, September 17, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean: Materials



Here are some pics from my other two projects--Elizabeth's shift dress and gold dress from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. The first picture is of the shift dress fabric--somebody emailed me a request to make up another one to auction, and when I found this fabric I couldn't resist. Like the last one I made, it's a heavier tone-on-tone brocade, with a raised leaf pattern in it. Unlike the last one I made, this one will have sewn eyelets (closer to the original). Once again, the new Bernina comes to the rescue! The other pic is of the materials for the gold dress--the gold brocade, the pearl trim that will go along the front edges of the dress, and the stomacher that I just embroidered the other night. It took over an hour, but I think it turned out really well. The lining is boned (so its new owner won't have to wear a separate corset), so I just have to sew together the outer layer, and attach the sleeves and skirt. I'm hoping this one is going to be a show stopper!

No comments: