Sunday, October 29, 2006

Phoenix/Jean Grey finished! (Well, kinda. . .)








I'm not very good at this "dress diary" thing, I think because I'm impatient! When I sew, I do a marathon--and stopping to take pictures just isn't on the agenda! So here's the semi-finished version of my Phoenix/Jean Grey costume. I say semi-finished because I didn't get a chance to do my shirt to wear underneath (ran out of time) and the boning is causing a bit of a problem in the front where it buckles a bit. So it still needs a bit of work, but overall I was quite happy with it! The jacket pattern, believe it or not, is a Regency era spencer/pelisse--I used Jennie Chancey's Sense & Sensibility pattern and extended the turned-back collar and made the skirt paneled (pleated in the front, gathered across the back). The corset is from a Butterick pattern, with some modifications to the front seams, fake "hip pieces" sewn into the top layer, cutting off the top and adding two inches to the bottom. So here's a pic from the party I went to last night--ran into a Wolverine and couldn't resist taking a pic!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its Beautiful!!

Unknown said...

How much