Monday, August 06, 2007

Harry Potter Mania!


Well, even though I'm not a big Harry Potter fan I wanted to say that I'd been to at least one launch party. And why not go to the last one and go big? So my friend and I went as two of the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons. She made our fantastic hats (which you can't fully appreciate from this angle!) and I did our capes. Ironically, we got the most compliments on our shoes! (Which were cool, but the easiest part of our costumes--a fantastic find at Famous Footwear on clearance!) I'm the Fleur on the right--this is the great life-size Hagrid backdrop they had at the BYU Bookstore party.

So we spent the evening party hopping, and getting our pictures taken with a bunch of people. We were even finalists at the Barnes and Noble costume contest in Orem (if you any of you in the final group read this and took a picture, email us--ours didn't turn out!) It was a blast and now I have a Harry Potter costume to add to my overstuffed costume closet! If you are attempting your own Fleur Delacour costume and have questions on what we did pattern-wise, please post and I'll be happy to help you out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Friend with the Fleur Costume-
I love your costume and your talents! I am dying for that costume, and have no talent to make it. Please email me the patterns or write to me and help me out. Thank you! My name is michelle and My email is Mgritzer@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I would love to get ahold of your patterns for the Fleur costume. I've been looking everywhere but can't seem to find any!

My e-mail is awhisperinthewind@gmail.com. I'm Jasmine :) Thanks so much!

Dintarmawen Design said...

Hi Jasmine! Thanks for your post. If you look in my newer posts, you'll find info on all of the patterns I used for my Fleur costume--click here to to to it. They're commercial ones so I can't distribute them--the only things I really "made up" were the collars and those should be pretty easy to do. (If they fit on my scanner, I'll scan and post them for everybody.) Best of luck with your costume!