Thursday, December 08, 2005

eMotions: The Positives

Lest you think I'm unhappy with my little embroidery machine, here are a few of the things I really like about it:
  • First, the hoop attaches to the embroidery arm very securely. Two different posts spaced over an inch apart in the middle of the hoop snap into it. I've heard with other machines (like the Deco 330) the hoop only attaches at one point at the top, making accuracy a problem when you're embroidering in the lower portion of the hoop.
  • Which brings me to another positive--so far, this machine does super accurate and clean embroidery!
  • The Explorations Lite software, while it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, does let you rescale, rotate, and mirror designs very easily.
  • There's an alarm that lets you know when you have a thread break.
  • When a thread breaks, it's very easy to back the machine up to exactly where you need to start embroidering again (either on the machine itself, or from within the software).
  • I love that it connects to my PC with a USB connection--no messing with cards! (Although it does have a card slot that you can use.)

No comments: