Monday, December 05, 2005

Marie eMotions Embroidery Machine

One of the main features of my blog will be embroidery tips and tricks for the new Marie EM-1 eMotions embroidery machine that was seen on QVC and is being sold through Bernina stores. It's a great little machine, a great deal, but will give you a great many headaches unless you know about some workarounds! There's not much on the web yet, so I thought I'd post some advice for current and potential users of this machine--please, learn from my mistakes! =)

6 comments:

BKB said...

I JUST PURCHASED A USED MARIE EMOTIIONS EMBROIDERY MACHINE...I SURE COULD USE SOME ADVICE AND HELP...THANKS, BRENDA

Dintarmawen Design said...

You bet Brenda--no problem! I haven't used one in awhile but please ask any questions you may have--I can do my best to remember!

Anonymous said...

I have one of these machines. I really need to buy a design and I dont know what type of file I need to buy. Do you know by chance?

Misti

Dintarmawen Design said...

Hi Misti--you may have already found this, but I did a post about the file formats--basically, you must have an "A" or "B" grade of Artista file. See more details here

Unknown said...

The local Salvation Army in my town has one of these for $150. Is this a good deal to take a chance on? Also does anyone have copies of the instructions for this machine? thanks, mary

Dintarmawen Design said...

Mary, if you have a local Bernina shop that can service the Marie and give it a good tune up/overhaul, it might not be a bad idea. The machines originally sold for $499. They are very temperamental though, so unless they'll let you do a test sew-out I'd probably avoid it.

Also make sure it comes with the software and design disk (and hoop!)--without those you'll be shelling out quite a bit more money to get them so it may not be such a good deal after all.