Sunday, September 17, 2006

Arwen Farewell Dress: Embroidery on Yoke


Well, I promised some pictures, so here they are! These are the beginnings of the Arwen "Farewell Dress" I've been working on. This is a close-up of the silver metallic embroidered yoke for the rolled collar that I'll be putting on next (it's photographed on top of the purple fabric that will be a completely separate underdress--the colors are off, since the purple is looking much more blue than it is). The embroidery was done on my Aurora, just using a design that came with my software--I mirrored it and joined the two sections end to end and rotated them. I used Marathon silver metallic thread--I wasn't using a metallic needle so I did have about six thread breaks, but was pleased with how it turned out.

No comments: