Sunday, September 17, 2006

Arwen Farewell Dress: Sleeves


Here is a close-up of the sleeve--the pattern I'm using is Simplicity 8725 (medieval style, no princess seams) with the rolled collar from 0513. I just chopped the sleeves off just past the elbows, and then drafted this petal sleeve using kind of an oval shape. I like this shot because it really shows off this gorgeous fabric. This is going to be a one-of-a-kind, for sure--I bought this fabric years ago and never knew what to make out of it until I was looking through my costume research and saw Arwen's dress, and knew that's what it was supposed to be! It's got the weight of a really heavy dupioni silk, and the rough weave of one, but without the slubs. Then the paisleys are this great velvety raised design. I might have a hard time parting with it--I'm making this one to auction on eBay in early October!

No comments: